Bed & Bath Outlet
Bed & Bath Outlet is a website that provides different types of bed and bath utility.
Ali Sherafat: UX-UI Designer
Somayeh Sheikhi: UX-UI Designer
March- April 2021
Goal and Challenge:
Our goal was to improve the product for a more reliable and convenient user experience throughout the website. The task was straightforward: users should be able to: find, choose and buy their desired products in an experience that’s efficient and pleasant. The target was to create a strong foundation for an evolving business and a more diverse user base. Our challenges:
Keep users’ engagement till the end of purchase.
Making selection easier and more accurate for users by providing product information.
Increase consistency across the interface to help the user’s journey.
Increase user satisfaction by implementing accurate advanced search and filters.
The recategorized menu bar and products placements for a better user flow by utilizing Information Architecture methods
Increase user satisfaction by providing a barrier-free experience.
Improve efficiency, effectiveness, and customer satisfaction.
DESIGN THINKING PROCESS
After looking into the Bed & Bath Outlets website, we found numerous issues with the site. Overall, based on HE’s rules, the site had major shortcomings ranging from the visibility of system status, design consistency, and standards to flexibility and efficiency.
We audited the existing websites. This website has a lot of opportunities to improve the design both aesthetically and efficiently. We realized that our website had flaws in many aspects.
The purpose of persona is to create reliable and realistic representations of our key audiences. Persona helps us to add a layer of real-world consideration.
Since the original website had unclear and misleading categories. We decided to have a closed card sorting survey and reduced the number of categories. This brand doesn’t provide a lot of items in each department. We decided to merge the Home & the Kitchen categories and consider it one big tent.
We conducted card sorting and implemented interviews to assess users' perceptions and attitudes. We created 59 cards and 7 categories and had 27 participants.
Restructuring the information architecture was quite an iterative and collaborative process. Below is a somewhat final draft of the information architecture.